Saturday, June 6, 2009

get rid of the anger that lurks







I am turning another year next week. Way back when I was a kid, I didn't know that
I'd make it this far and still be healthy and hearty. I used to, then, think that
Forty was way too old. Your skin begins to sag, your chin and waistline grow folds,
your teeth begin to rot and the hair from your scalp moves down to your ears and
into your nose. Its downhill all the way and its bad!

That's what I used to believe then. Now, I am looking at Eighty in the same way.
Times change and so do our views. And, the reason this is on the top of my mind
today is because I happened to read Professor Randy Pausch's book, The Last Lecture,
a week ago.

Here's a bit about the book from his website, "A lot of professors give talks titled
"The Last Lecture." Professors are asked to consider their demise and to ruminate
on what matters most to them. And while they speak, audiences can't help but mull
the same question: What wisdom would we impart to the world if we knew it was our
last chance? If we had to vanish tomorrow, what would we want as our legacy? "
What if this was my last "Insights"? What would I say? What comes to my mind is
something my mother said several months before she did the world adieu. "Of all
the things that I should have done, I should have done away with the anger that
lurked inside of me for a large part of my life."

Though this is not my last Insights, I think, today, I'd like to make claim to the
statement that we should do away with the pain, we think, has been caused to us
by others. That will get rid of the anger that lurks and the fear that accompanies
that anger. The rest of our lives can then become what we alwsy dream of. Amen!

Raju Mandhyan
Author, Coach, Trainer
www.mandhyan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment