Sunday, June 14, 2009

welcome to a world of clear, creative and conscientious thinkers


A World of Clear, Creative and Conscientious Thinkers!

I can’t do anything … unless I Mind Map it out!

Yes, you guessed it … I am now hooked onto the idea of getting one’s thoughts down on paper by “mapping it out”, like an architect would do through a blueprint of their design project.

Buzan Licensed Instructor and Coach, Raju Mandhyan, who conducted the 2-day workshop, defined Mind Mapping as a “2-D refection of your own thoughts, ideas and feelings quickly transcribed on paper through images, colors, lines, and key words”.

Brainstorming, planning, writing articles and designing curriculum is a happy cinch with Mind Mapping. Mandhyan, whose Indian last name incidentally translates into Mind and Awareness, made the learning fun, interactive and practice-able. All I had to do as a student was to be there and “absorb like a sponge.” Absorb, I did! It has been almost 6 years since I was first introduced to Mind Mapping … and I have SO made the most of this “gift” Mandhyan extended to me.

For me, this “tool” / technique has certainly:

· helped me get MORE organized
· be MORE analytical with the tasks, projects I handle at a given time
· kept me MORE intact … especially where meetings, appointments or schedules are concerned
· allowed me to showcase a level of commitment, quality and creativity, too

That one significant day of October 3, 2001 at The Peninsula, Manila … was definitely NOT a coincidence.

With Mind Mapping, I was able to identify programs for the IT training courses I was assigned to market. This paved the way to formulate the appropriate marketing collaterals to the target market of the company.

With Mind Mapping, I received a grade of 98% for the project in my Events Coordination course. Using Mind Mapping, I feel like a creative genius and I am now working on projects, arts, literature and I am also managing and running my own consultancy in a most innovative manner.

Those who got to meet and network with Mandhyan’s Guru, Tony Buzan, last March at the Mandarin, Makati City claim that it was one of the best training events the country has experienced in years. I bet all those who walked out of that interaction will become Mind Map aficionados like me. Well let me, then, welcome you into a world of clear, creative and conscientious thinkers.

Ana Marie G. Herrera (March 29, 2007)
Consultant – Events: IT, eMarketing, Project Management

No comments:

Post a Comment